In a world where the Soviet Union won the Cold War, a fierce conflict is unfolding in the streets of America. Taking on the role of Christopher Stone, players evolve from an average New Yorker into a fearless patriot who recruits and leads an army of freedom fighters in the streets of New York City. Freedom: Soldiers of Liberty combines the depth of a squad based game with the intensity of an action-packed war game that unfolds in the streets, subways, and buildings of the city.
With leadership comes great responsibility. The lives of your soldiers and the quest for American Freedom are held together by your courage, charisma, and leadership skills. Because wars are not won alone, a key component of the game depends on the player’s ability to recruit and lead fellow New Yorkers in the battle against the Red Menace. An intuitive recruiting command system allows him to give orders to his fellow soldiers and execute critical missions at the touch of a single button.
Players will fight through the recognizable streets of NY with seamless urban fighting that takes place outside as well as indoors.
There are high rewards and penalties for wins and losses in Freedom: Soldiers of Liberty. A charisma-based Recruiting System awards points for rescuing freedom fighters or capturing vital installations, allowing the player to recruit more men as well as providing an emotional tie to the fighters dependent on his decisions.
Your character and recruits engage the Red army with various types of single and two-handed weapons as well as unarmed combat martial arts maneuvers in their quest for freedom.
* Character evolution that transforms the main character from an average civilian to the toughest Freedom Fighter in the world.
* Fast-paced squad-based element that enables players to recruit and lead up to 12 Freedom Fighters into battle.
* Intense, in-your-face urban guerilla warfare scenarios ranging from small sabotage missions to large battles where the player has to conquer enemy installations.
* Charisma-based Recruiting System gives players points for rescuing prisoners or capturing key installations.
* Variety of weapons including machine guns, rocket propelled grenades, and Molotov Cocktails.
* Environments and the seasons will evolve over time. As the game progresses, the city is slowly degraded and transformed into a massive battlefield.
* Enhanced rendering technology via Io Interactive’s “Glacier” engine that lends to amazing 3D special effects such as real-time lighting, rain, snow, smoke, and explosions.
* Rich environmental audio such as shouting when in battle, barking out commands, and music that sets the pace and mood of the gameplay action.
* Multiplayer support: Up to four players via split-screen mode on the console versions.