Rockstar have today released an overview of the upcoming "Liars and Cheats Pack" DLC for Red Dead Redemption.
The Liars and Cheats Pack, due for release on September 21, focuses on expanding the Free Roam multiplayer experience as well as adding new modes to Competitive Multiplayer.
The DLC will contain a range of new features to expand the Free Roam world, including Multiplayer Poker and Liar’s Dice, as well as a brand new Competitive Multiplayer gameplay mode.
It will also include the content previously announced as the Free Roam Pack. The Free Roam Pack was originally planned as a free download, but due to the platform networks’ restrictions on numbers of free packs Rockstar can give away, they've instead added it to the Liars and Cheats Pack.
- Multiplayer Poker and Liar's Dice Games: One of the most fan-requested features comes to multiplayer.
- Multiplayer Horse Races: Ride out against your friends and foes online - with mounted combat guns blazing.
- The Explosive Rifle: A devastatingly destructive new weapon with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges.
- 7 New Gang Hideouts: Posse up and take on the new Hideouts together to level up quickly.
- 4 New Hunting Grounds: New Hunting Grounds are now visible on the map for all to see, with some of the most action-packed wildlife hunting yet.
- Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer Mode: Teams take turns in attack and defense in multi-tiered Competitive games.
- Posse Scoring and Leaderboards: Compare stats with other posses and compete to see who are the kings of the Free Roam frontier.
Plus, 15 additional multiplayer characters from the Red Dead Redemption storyline are being made available as multiplayer characters, and more all-new Achievements and Trophies.
This pack will be released on September 21st worldwide for download on both PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.
The Undead Nightmare Pack
Later this Spring, Rockstar will be presenting their original, mostly singleplayer DLC release: the Undead Nightmare Pack.
The Undead Nightmare Pack will feature an entirely new singleplayer campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier.
In addition to the singleplayer adventure, The Undead Nightmare Pack features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and a brand new secret location.
Rockstar have promised more news about both these DLC packs soon.