Rockstar has a new title update to Grand Theft Auto V that addresses numerous Grand Theft Auto Online issues including character deletion.
The title update is available now for PlayStation 3, and Rockstar expects the update to be available by tomorrow at the latest for Xbox 360.
“This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure,” said Rockstar in a statement.
“A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved.”
Until that time, Rockstar made the following recommendation:
“Please always remember to save your game before leaving GTA Online, otherwise you may lose any progress since your last save – this can be done by exiting back to singleplayer through the pause menu.
“Until downloading the title update above and in order to minimise the chances of any further data loss, if at any point you receive the message ‘Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable’, please do not either select the ‘Retry’ option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Instead, you should exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode.
“Please also stay tuned or subscribe to the GTA Online Status Updates article at the Rockstar Support site for the latest word on common known technical issues and fixes.”
A full list of fixes included in the current title update follows:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby