The massive number of players attempting to play Grand Theft Auto Online is causing server problems, Rockstar says.
In an update on its support page, Rockstar said the main issues thus far are:
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional "Failed to start job" errors
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
“We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this,” wrote the studio.
There are also unconfirmed reports on Rockstar’s site and elsewhere that single player data is being corrupted, with progress, weapons, and money in the game’s campaign being affected by online issues.