In celebration of the release of Dark Void, Gameplanet is giving away an awesome Dark Void figurine plus two copies of the game.
This exclusive Dark Void collector’s edition resin statue stands more than 30 cm tall and features excellent reproduction of the main character, Will, from the game through high quality resin and detailed painting. It also has integrated lighting effects (batteries not included!), and each statue is individually numbered for collectible value.
To enter, simply answer the question above!
Dark Void is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat. Set in a parallel universe called “The Void,” players take on the role of Will, a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances within the mysterious Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.
Dark Void’s unique combination of jetpack-booster aerial dog fighting and third-person combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void’s unique vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and hurl enemies to their doom, bringing a whole new sense of tension and thrill to the player. Will is also equipped with a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat, hurtling through the Void at blistering speeds while shooting down anything that gets in his path.
Dark Void features:
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience
- Will’s jetpack delivers total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Seemless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot-‘em-up action all exists within the same level – not broken up into different “areas”
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO’s while in mid-air
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming manoeuvres to defeat
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Entries close end of 28th January 2010.
- You must have a New Zealand address to enter the competition.
- You must be age 16 or over to enter the competition.
- You may not use multiple email addresses or other unfair means to gain advantage.
- Entrants may be disqualified from the competition at Gameplanet's sole discretion.
- Employees of Gameplanet (NZ) Ltd or their suppliers are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.