Black Future ’88 is a new Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter from independent developer SuperScarySnakes’ coming to Windows PC later this year. Black Future ‘88’s neon-lit retro-future style paints a dark alternate history of a world reeling from a nuclear cataclysm created by Duncan, the tower architect. The first of his bombs fell in 1988, blacking out the sun with perpetual rain and it’s been 1988 ever since. Now the only time that matters is measured in minutes left to live. As one of the last remaining survivors, fight your way to the top of the tower to kill Duncan before your heart explodes. Climb an evolving procedural tower through a merciless onslaught of fire, lasers and steel. Shoot, slash and dash to overcome deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal boss-grade Wardens. Choose one of five playable characters, each with their own unique powers, then upgrade your renegade with a selection of dozens of brutal weapons and special buffs/curses to survive. Test your wits and reflexes alone or with a friend in two-player couch co-op, and measure your mettle against other players by tackling daily challenges with unique attributes to climb a global leaderboard. Black Future ‘88’s anarchic ascent for revenge is scored with a killer analog-synth original soundtrack from post-punk new-wave band Tremor Low.
Black Future '88 announcement trailer
- 3 I played two hours of Red Dead Redemption 2
- Devil May Cry 5 TGS trailer is utterly bonkers
- Red Dead Online Public Beta launches this November
- 11 Sony plays the nostalgia card with the PlayStation Classic
- 7 Capcom's Vancouver studio is being shut down
- 1 Ubisoft details post-release content for AC: Odyssey
- Rockstar reveals more Red Dead Redemption 2 locales and info
- Lamplight City Review
- 10 The NES Nintendo Switch controllers look great but...
- 3 The best parts from today's Nintendo Direct
- 1 Forza Horizon 4 Has Gone Gold
- 2 Nintendo announce Pikachu/Eevee themed Switch
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
"Nintendo? Never heard of them."
The wild west has never looked better
Story, Events, and a cheeky Remaster
- 23 Online FPS with a playerbase?
- 12 RIP Telltale Games?
- 475 Red Dead Redemption 2
- 42 The Bard's Tale IV - InXile's latest RPG
- 86 Path Of Exile
- 4995 What are you currently playing? (screenshots)
- 83 Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- 15 THQ Nordic Acquires TimeSplitters Franchise
- 20 Forza Horizon 4
- 6317 Gaming General Discussion Thread