The Source Filmmaker (SFM) is the movie-making tool built and used by Valve to make movies inside the Source game engine. "Because the SFM uses the same assets as the game, anything that exists in the game can be used in the movie, and vice versa," says Valve. "By utilising the hardware rendering power of a modern gaming PC, the SFM allows storytellers to work in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get environment so they can iterate in the context of what it will feel like for the final audience."
Introducing the Source Filmmaker trailer
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Review
- 3 The Last of Us Part 2 sees another delay
- 4 Mortal Shell set to scratch Souls-like itch later this year
- 2 Bethesda to skip any E3 digital event this year
- Wasteland 3 release pushed back to August
- 2 Persona 5 Royal Review
- Minecraft Dungeons delayed to May
- 8 Report: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster launches tomorrow
- 10 Resident Evil 3 Review
- Square Enix announces NieR Replicant remaster
- 9 Nintendo Direct Mini reveals big titles coming to Switch
- 2 Doom Eternal opening weekend the best of the franchise
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
One of the biggest JRPGs of recent years gets the royal treatment and expands on the original in a wonderful way.
No Russian Redux
- 93 Doom Eternal - Hell on Earth
- 145 Resident Evil 3 Remake Planned For 2020
- 7216 Gaming General Discussion Thread
- 48 What are you playing this lockdown?
- 448 COD 2019 : Modern Warfare
- 27 Rumor: E3 cancelled!
- 14 JRPG General Discussion
- 81 Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC
- 10090 Good deal thread
- 65 Half-Life: Alyx - VR game