Those of you who have been eagerly awaiting Devil May Cry 4 would have been positively salivating at the pre-release code Gameplanet was lucky enough to play earlier this morning! DMC4 is due for release on the 7th February, and if the first couple of levels are anything to go by, this will be a huge hit.
You will control the story's new lead character, Nero, as you strive to perfect your killing style in spectacular new ways. The fight scenes are vivid and compelling, as you leap around your enemy delivering powerful sword strokes, endless rounds of ammunition and wonderfully varied magical attacks. The cut scenes and cinematics are worthy of a cinema ticket alone, as you find yourself immersed in the plot you'll find it hard to put the controller down.
Capcom have been working on DMC4 for quite some time now, and recently have announced this will be released to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 simultaneously, with the PC release a short time later. They've also stated that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be identical, and that the same team are also working on the PC release. Another aspect they've been developing is the "air fighting" that plays such a crucial role in the battle scenes - Gameplanet is happy to announce that they have delivered this in style!
- From the producer of the original Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4
- High-definition visuals moving at 60 frames per second
- Blend of familiar and new: newcomer Nero clashes with veteran Dante
- New characters and environments
- Signature blend of guns and swordplay
- Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies
- Unique "Devil Bringer" arm opens up a range of combo options
- Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante
- Exceed System allows Nero to charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful attack options
- New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities
Check out the game trailer here, and enjoy the screenshots!