To stay faithful to the original source, Alien: Isolation takes a retro look to the future with a design aesthetic which developer Creative Assembly describes as "lo-fi sci-fi". It’s clunky, it’s chunky, it’s push-button and analogue. There are no phasers or lasers, and the smartest weapons you find may be tied together with duct tape and string. A world very much of CRT not LCD, Alien: Isolation may be set in the future but it’s very much baked in the past.
Alien: Isolation lo-fi sci-fi video developer diary
- Gameplanet is shutting down
- 6 30 Under $30: Part 2: For a Few Dollars More
- 4 30 Under $30 Part 1: Two Tenners or Less
- 8 XCOM: Chimera Squad announced and releasing next week
- 1 MLB The Show 20 Review
- 1 Rumour: Resident Evil 4 Remake in development
- 14 Final Fantasy VII Remake Review
- 25 Sony reveal PlayStation 5 Controller
- Where is our Final Fantasy VII Remake Review?
- 1 Animal Crossing: New Horizons Review
- 3 The Last of Us Part 2 sees another delay
- 4 Mortal Shell set to scratch Souls-like itch later this year
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.