To stay faithful to the original source, Alien: Isolation takes a retro look to the future with a design aesthetic which developer Creative Assembly describes as "lo-fi sci-fi". It’s clunky, it’s chunky, it’s push-button and analogue. There are no phasers or lasers, and the smartest weapons you find may be tied together with duct tape and string. A world very much of CRT not LCD, Alien: Isolation may be set in the future but it’s very much baked in the past.
Alien: Isolation lo-fi sci-fi video developer diary
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Review
- 3 The Last of Us Part 2 sees another delay
- 4 Mortal Shell set to scratch Souls-like itch later this year
- 2 Bethesda to skip any E3 digital event this year
- Wasteland 3 release pushed back to August
- 2 Persona 5 Royal Review
- Minecraft Dungeons delayed to May
- 8 Report: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster launches tomorrow
- 10 Resident Evil 3 Review
- Square Enix announces NieR Replicant remaster
- 9 Nintendo Direct Mini reveals big titles coming to Switch
- 2 Doom Eternal opening weekend the best of the franchise
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
One of the biggest JRPGs of recent years gets the royal treatment and expands on the original in a wonderful way.
No Russian Redux
- 7215 Gaming General Discussion Thread
- 142 Resident Evil 3 Remake Planned For 2020
- 448 COD 2019 : Modern Warfare
- 27 Rumor: E3 cancelled!
- 91 Doom Eternal - Hell on Earth
- 14 JRPG General Discussion
- 81 Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC
- 10090 Good deal thread
- 65 Half-Life: Alyx - VR game
- 282 Xbox Series (X)