AGEOD’s American Civil War: 1861-1865 – The Blue and the Gray is a historical war game that places players at the head of the United States or the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War (1861-1865). Players will take on the roles of military and political leaders trying to lead their factions to military, political or economic victory during five historic years that divided the nation.
Players will need to organize their military forces, all while managing supply and morale as they plan actions over land, sea and by rail. The game consists of scenarios, campaigns and grand campaigns, all played out on supposedly the largest American Civil War map ever created for a game.
Sure, it may look like the love-child of 1830: Railroads and Robber Barons & North and South, and there may be the potential that anyone from outside of North America simply won't care, but we are assured by the developers that strategy gaming fans will face a daunting challenge in this "authentic title". Created by Philippe Thibaut, renowned designer of the award-winning Europa Universalis, Pax Romana and Birth of America, American Civil War is due to be released on January 28th 2008. Can't wait.
* Play a scenario over a few hours or a full Grand Campaign following in Grant's or Lee's footsteps across massive operations or the entire war!
* Two playable sides, dozens of different troops, hundreds of events, over 300 historical leaders with unique abilities.
* Hundreds of events during the course of scenarios and campaigns to provide challenge and an element of surprise.
* Organize divisions, armies and corps, manage supply and morale, use sea, river and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allow)!
* Fight to reconcile the nation (USA) or ensure independence (CSA). Win militarily or politically, as national will play a crucial role.
* An upgraded Birth of America engine with AI and game play design from one of the strategy gaming masters that conceived the blockbuster Europa Universalis.
* The largest American Civil War map ever, with unequaled "hand painted" look and detail levels to thrill both casual and hard core fans of this crucial period in American history.