BioWare is hoping to woo fresh bantha pudu into a galaxy far, far away by making Star Wars: The Old Republic free-to-play this weekend.
From 6.01pm Friday NZT to 8.00pm Tuesday NZT, anyone will be able to experience BioWare’s Star Wars: The Old Republic.
All server types will be available and any characters created will be saved in the event those trialling the game wish to sign up at a later time.
However, the following restrictions will be set:
- You can only progress to lv. 15
- You can only play in Origin World, Capital World, the Fleet, all Warzones and in your first Flashpoint
- General chat, trade chat and PvP chat will not be available
- You won't be able to use the Galactic Trade Network or trade with other players
- You will only be able to level your Crew Skills ranking to around 40
- You will not be able to earn Legacy XP
Star Wars: The Old Republic was released in the US and Europe in December, and in Australia and New Zealand this month.