Remedy has announced a February release window for Alan Wake’s PC debut on Steam, and provided preliminary system requirements.
Both downloadable episodes, The Signal and The Writer, will come with the Steam edition of the game. Alan Wake will use Steamworks, support Steam Cloud and contain Steam Achievements. Games for Windows Live and Mac will not be supported, nor will modding tools be available.
Remedy has also said that optimisation and graphics scalability are still being finalised meaning that the preliminary graphics requirements listed below may change:
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7
- PROCESSOR: Dual core required: AMD: Athlon X2 2.8GHz; Intel: Core 2 Duo 2GHz
- MEMORY: 2 GB
- HARD DRIVE: 8 GB
- VIDEO CARD: DirectX 10 compatible or later with 512MB RAM - AMD: ATI Radeon 3650, 4450, 5550, 6450 or higher (per series); NVIDIA: GeForce 8600GT, 9500GT, GT120, GT430, GT520 (per series)
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Mouse and keyboard, Xbox360 controller also supported
The developer is working through “a few minor but technically challenging” issues before it can announce that the game will be able to run on Windows XP SP2.
Remedy’s episodic thriller was a critical success, but suffered at retail due to a strongly competitive release window.