ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED - THANK YOU
Path of Exile has entered its second phase of beta testing and Kiwi developer Grinding Gear Games would like your help testing it.
In Path of Exile, the player has been exiled from their homeland to the corrupted and deeply hostile continent of Wraeclast. Alone, or with other exiles, they must develop their skills and discover powerful magical artifacts in order to survive the challenges of a cutthroat post-apocalyptic fantasy world.
Path of Exile immerses the player in a gritty and realistic art style that goes against the current industry trend of cartoony RPGs. Path of Exile's combat is especially visceral, with plenty of blood and gore. Position matters a great amount in the combat system: you can dodge projectiles and be blocked in by monsters.
The second phase of the beta brings with it significant balance adjustments, new arenas, skills and enemies.
“Our goal with the 0.9.3 upgrade was to do a full rebalance of the game to make it even more fun. To achieve this, we’ve changed most game systems based on the feedback we received from testers. It feels like a whole new game now," said Grinding Gears’ Chris Wilson.
“We've had ridiculous numbers of people wanting to help test the game, and after this patch we plan to scale up quickly to test how well our servers handle more players,” he continued. “We've had people create fan art, post songs about the game on YouTube, and turn up at our office in New Zealand to beg for beta access. We look forward to playing with them in the game soon.”
Thanks to Grinding Gear Games, Gameplanet is giving away 30 beta keys. To be in with a chance to win, simply answer the question above!
About Path of Exile
- Completely free to download and play (upon release)
- A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players
- A dark and gritty game world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Battle dozens of foes across a variety of unique areas
- Randomly generated levels and items for extreme replayability
- Online ranking and ladders for every game mode
- Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Entries close midday 25th November 2011.
- You must be a New Zealand resident to enter the competition.
- You may not use multiple email addresses or other unfair means to gain advantage.
- You must be 18 or older to enter this competition
- Entrants may be disqualified from the competition at Gameplanet's sole discretion.
- Employees of Gameplanet (NZ) Ltd or their suppliers are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.