Recently released NPD figures show Halo: Reach topping sales in the US for the year to date, despite only being available for five weeks.
Reach, with 3.29 million sold, has more than doubled the equivalent sales figures of its predecessor Halo ODST, which only managed 1.52 million US sales in the first month.
Of interest too is the obvious success Nintendo is showing by occupying five of the top ten places on NPD's list.
The top ten are as follows;
- 1. Halo: Reach (Bungie, Microsoft Game Studios)
- 2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- 3. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar)
- 4. Pokemon SoulSilver (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- 5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- 6. Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- 7. God of War III (Sony Santa Monica, Sony)
- 8. Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- 9. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- 10. Wii Sports Resort with MotionPlus