Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios have announced that the much-anticipated strategy game Halo Wars will be landing at retailers worldwide this February in both a standard and Limited Collector’s Edition format.
Taking the Halo battle beyond the first person, Halo Wars puts players in command of the battlefield and combines the intensity of Halo with a riveting new story that precedes the events of Halo: Combat Evolved.
Developed by Ensemble Studios, the creators of the acclaimed Age of Empires series, Halo Wars was designed specifically for the Xbox 360 and brings a genre that has typically thrived on the PC to consoles. From specialised controls to redesigned resource management and unit command, Halo Wars will give players the fluid strategy experience they’ve been waiting for on a console.
In addition to the standard retail version, “Halo Wars” will be offered in a Limited Collector’s Edition through participating retailers and will feature:
- Three New Halo 3 Multiplayer Maps – Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack from Bungie which includes three new maps, “Assembly,” “Orbital” and “Sandbox”
- Halo Wars: Genesis – a beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto, Graeme Devine and Eric Nylund chronicling the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Sprit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest
- Unique In-game Vehicle – “Honor Guard” Wraith
- Six Leader Cards – Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle
- Spirit of Fire Patch – Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member
More information on Halo Wars can be found online at the official site.