EA Maxis have released a new patch for Spore, taking their massive sim game to version 1.02. You can download this now from GP Downloads (95MB).
For the curious, here's the changelog;
* Hold down the Control key in Sporepedia to select multiple creations for deleting or banning.
* Hold down the Shift key in Sporepedia to select a range of creations for deleting or banning.
* New planet style: Cubes.
* Fix for game entry screen turning black when banning a creature in a Saved game.
* Fixed issue with flora card in Sporepedia.
* Space phase: Fixed graphic issue with water levels not updating properly with terraform tools so that visible water and atmosphere levels will now correspond in the Atmosphere monitor.
* Fixed problems introduced via atmospheric and drought terraforming tools.
* Improved gaits for multi-legged creatures.
* Improved gaits for creatures with 2 limbs, but without any feet.
* Space phase: Fixed missing VOX in some animations in Comm Screen.
* Fixed audio issue with switching mode to 5.1 breaking music and VOX.
* Fixed audio syncing issue when minimizing and/or maximizing Spore before opening video.
* Fixed crash with city music player when Save and Load dialogs are present.
* Fix for audio lag and missing models due background loading slow-down on certain single-processor machine configurations. This fix improved overall stability on this machine configuration.
* Space phase: Tuned relationship status to update in communication window after completing a mission.
* Tribe phase: Tuned Normal difficulty mode to make social game easier.
* Fixed the ESC key to consistently skip the Spore introduction movie.
* Creators: YouTube video uploads are set to private. Go to YouTube.com and log in. Then go to Account >> My Videos to set them to Public if you want to share your videos with the world.
* Creators: Fixed limb joints not being selectable behind other limbs.
* Tribe phase: Fixed crash while harvesting fruit and fish.
* Space phase: Fixed timing bug using Planet Buster during Grox invasion.
* Space phase: Fixed destroyed turrets mission.
* Space phase: Fixed crash when zooming out to full galactic view from the center of the galaxy.
* Fixed for game entry screen staying zoomed in after deleting a game and entering/exiting Sporepedia.
* Space phase: Fixed City Hall updating bug. City Hall will now update to correct version if player has chosen a new City Hall during the transition from Civilization phase to Space phase.
* Space phase: Fixed Vehicles updating bug. Vehicles chosen in the Colony planner will now update without requiring the player to leave and re-enter a planet's atmosphere.
* Fixed crash when transitioning from Tribe phase to Civilization phase
* Discontinued the Bad Baby Achievement.