2K Games have released further information about the upcoming BioShock release for the PlayStation 3.
Considered to be one the finest games in the history of interactive entertainment, BioShock is a watershed entry into the world of video games. As one of the most lauded franchises in the past decade, BioShock introduces gamers into an exciting world filled with fascinating characters, intelligent enemies and complex moral choices that define the foundation of the game world. With its rich story, meticulous attention to visual detail, tense action and infinite replay value, BioShock delivers the perfect blend of storytelling and first person action.
Developed by 2K Marin, 2K Boston, 2K Australia and Digital Extremes, the PlayStation 3 system release brings forth new features and content that expands the world of BioShock in new ways.
- All-new PlayStation 3 system exclusive content: In addition to the original revolutionary game experience, PlayStation 3 system fans can enjoy a brand new difficulty mode – Survivor – as well as enjoy Trophy support as they explore Rapture. And the experience doesn’t end there – all new exclusive BioShock downloadable content will be available only on the PlayStation 3 system after launch.
- Choices and consequences: Make meaningful choices and mature decisions, ultimately culminating in the grand question: do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture…or save them?
- The world is your weapon: Take control of your world by hacking mechanical devices, commandeering security turrets and crafting unique items critical to your survival.
- Weapon upgrades provide ammunition for every situation: Upgrade your weapons with ionic gels, explosives and toxins to customize them to take advantage of your enemies’ weaknesses.
- Gameplay that evolves around your playing style: Customize your experience by genetically modifying your body through dozens of Plasmid Stations scattered throughout the city and turn your body into the ultimate weapon.
- Adaptive AI provides challenges around every corner: Explore a living world where the inhabitants have interesting and consequential relationships with one another that impact your gameplay experience.
- Immerse yourself in Rapture: Experience breathtaking visuals that vividly illustrate the forlorn Art Deco city, highlighted by strikingly realistic water effects and meticulously detailed environments.