505 games, 1C Company, Best Way and Digitalmindsoft (phew!) announce a multiplayer beta test for their next RTS game Men of War.
Men of War takes place during the height of World War II. The story unfolds across three different campaigns played out through the eyes of Soviet, Allied and German soldiers. Each campaign has its own structured timeline, telling a different story of WWII spanning across Russia, North Africa, Ukraine, Greece, Germany, Italy and the Pacific. The main Soviet campaign sees two student comrades, Smirnov and Kuznetzov, join the army and quickly become brothers in arms as they rise through the ranks and experience the rigours of war.
· Fully destructible environments – use newly formed tank shell craters as cover for your men
· Brand new physics and armour penetration system
· Each mission and battle plays out differently based on your tactical choices
· Over 100 accurately modelled tanks and vehicles ready for your command
· Realistic fog of war
· Smart AI searches for your men covered in bushes and calls for them for reinforcements. Also includes an all-new morale system
· Four different playable multiplayer nations
· Direct Control
· Up to 16 players via LAN or Network
· In-game browser including ranked statistics
· Several well tested and intense game modes
· Cooperative game mode allows you to play through the campaigns with your friends
· NAT support, allows you to host games through routers
· Varied and challenging multiplayer maps
· Balanced settings - the smarter player, not the fastest wins the battle
There may be a high demand for this title, so you might have to register in advance to take part in the Beta test. You'll need to register in the DMS forums where you will find a post on the Beta test. From here you will need to post some details, and shortly afterwards you will receive a private message with a unique CD-key that will allow you to join the game. Good luck!