Konami has pulled the plug on Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro’s Silent Hills project, but says the Silent Hill franchise is still a viable one.
“Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued,” it said in a statement.
“In terms of Kojima and Del Toro being involved, discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway, and please stay tuned for further announcements.”
The official announcement comes after Pan's Labyrinth director Guillermo del Toro told a San Francisco Film Society: "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart."
"It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." -Guillermo del Toro on #SilentHills. #sfff #sffs #sffilmfest #fb
— TV's Matt Hackney (@tvsmatthackney) April 26, 2015
The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus shared a similar sentiment on Twitter.
"Super bummed about this was really looking forward to it,” he wrote. “Hopefully it'll come back around. Sorry everyone.”
Super bummed about this was really looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll come back around. Sorry everyone 🍕 http://t.co/drZJ8tBsSN
— norman reedus (@wwwbigbaldhead) April 26, 2015
The game was announced with a playable PlayStation 4 teaser, P.T., in August last year.
Konami will remove the teaser from the PlayStation Store on April 29.

Comments 38