Ubisoft's latest financial results call has provided a snapshot of the company's outlook for the year ahead, and confirmed release windows for a number of highly profile games.

Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, and the next Assassin's Creed game will all be released before March 31, 2016. The next Assassin's Creed game will be set in Victorian London. Ubisoft also has two unannounced triple-A games in the works. It said to expect more information on all its upcoming games in May.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said an Assassin's Creed movie was in production and would be released in December 2016.

Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Rogue shipped 10 million units combined. Far Cry 4 shipped 7 million units, and The Crew shipped 2 million units. Watch Dogs[/] shipped 10 million units, and [i]Just Dance 2015 shipped 4 million units.

Guillemot addressed Assassin's Creed Unity's notoriously buggy launch, and laid the blame of having to build an entirely new engine.

“We try to create engines that take full advantage of consoles, and in regards to Unity, we had to redo the entire engine,” he said.

“It’s painful for all of the group as it had to be re-calibrated and with this this game, a few things were not perfect at launch. But the engine was created, and will help the games shine in the future.

“These are steps we have to take in order to innovate, and while sometimes painful, it will ensure the overall quality of future titles.”

The publisher's financial outlook was strong. Digital revenue was up 157 percent to €138 million in the last quarter. Digital sales represented 21 percent of Ubisoft's total sales in the quarter compared to 15.3 percent last year. Total revenue over the nine month period ending in December 31 was €274 million, up 120 year-on-year.

In the quarter ending December 31, 2014, Ubisoft reported €810 million in revenue, up 56 percent year-on-year.