Following on from Tuesday’s half-year game sales top ten list for Australia and New Zealand, we can now show NPD’s data for the New Zealand-only top ten.
As before, the list represents units sold from January 1 through June 30, is based on total physical game sales, and includes sales of Collector's Editions, Game of the Year Editions, and bundles (excluding hardware bundles).
The list is calculated across all platforms, but does not include digital sales, which according to the United States' Entertainment Software Association make up around 29% of all game sales.
Of particular interest is number eight, which despite lacking a narrative and gameplay has somehow snuck into the top ten.
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Activision
2. Battlefield 3, EA
3. Diablo III, Blizzard Entertainment
4. Mass Effect 3, EA
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Bethesda
6. The Sims 3, EA
7. FIFA 12, EA
8. Xbox Live 1500 Point Card, Microsoft
9. Gran Turismo 5, Sony
10. Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Ubisoft