Electronic Arts have released a new fact sheet and screenshots for Brütal Legend, a third-person action game currently in development.
Brütal Legend tells the tale Eddie Riggs, the ultimate roadie. Eddie is the first person anyone calls when they need guitars tuned or stages rigged.
One night, after a stage accident knocks Eddie unconscious, he is transported to a world where every Heavy Metal album cover and lyric Eddie knows has come to life, a world where the evil emperor Doviculus and his demon army, The Tainted Coil, have enslaved the last remaining humans.
The fact sheet released today contains the following information;
- Action Combat! – Brütal Legend’s core gameplay is classic Action. From close quarter blows delivered by The Separator, Eddie’s blood soaked broad axe, to ranged combat from your demon-slaying guitar named Clementine, as well as vehicular attacks supplied by your hot rod, The Deuce (aka The Druid Plow), Brütal Legend delivers deep, rewarding, fun combat that will have you throwing your “devil horns” in the air.
- A World Like No Other – Inspired by some of the most iconic album art and lyrics of all-time, Brütal Legend features a streaming, open world rich with detail, from mountains made of guitar amps to big block V8 engines rising from the ground, delivering a world truly unique and unlike anything you’ve seen before.
- Titans of Stage and Screen – Lead by Jack Black as the voice of Eddie Riggs, the epic cast of Brütal Legend features vocal talent providing by some of Metal’s biggest names, including Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead, Lita Ford and more.
- Online Multiplayer – Take the Metal madness online in Brütal Legend’s Multiplayer mode that combines action combat with a strategic unit-control mechanic that allows the player to direct their army in The Battle of the Bands, where the ultimate trophy is survival
- Upgrade Your Arsenal – Gain “Lighter Tributes” throughout the world and visit The Motorforge, where you can upgrade The Separator, Clementine and The Deuce to make them even more lethal on the battlefields
- Tim Schafer – Known for creating a level depth and humor in his characters, Tim Schafer is consistently recognized as one of the gaming industry’s premier designers and has written such classics as Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and PsychoNauts.
- Fully Licensed Soundtrack - Brütal Legend will feature a fully licensed soundtrack that includes some of the greatest Metal and Rock and Roll songs ever assembled.
Screenshots and artwork below;