Open world crime thriller Watch Dogs stole the show at at E3 2012, but a new interview reveals that its developer didn't wish to attend.
Ubisoft Montreal revealed Watch Dogs at E3 2012 despite concerns from the developer that the game wasn't yet ready for public scrutiny.
Speaking with Edge magazine (via Videogamer), Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot "forced" the team to show the game.
“They forced us to go at E3 2012,” he said. “Yves was the one who wanted us to go at that E3, even though we felt it was a bit early, and in the end I think he was right.”
Morin said he and team were reticent because the game was intended to be a new-gen title, but when work began no one at the studio had been given any indication by Sony or Microsoft as to what those consoles might look like.
“We didn’t know what the hell those new consoles would be, so Watch Dogs really has worked on [seventh]-gen systems since the start,” he said.
“But we always pushed the ideas, the design, the core of Watch Dogs in such a way that we felt it would fit well with what we thought would be the future of games.”
Watch Dogs will be available on May 27 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Ubisoft recently cut a new trailer that sets up the game's story.





Comments 0