In just under three weeks, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will birth the first of its many expected expansions, the vampire saga Dawnguard.
Due June 26, the Dawnguard DLC is expected to provide ten to 20 hours of new content, and will add two new factions, new items, and new weapons – most notably the crossbow – to the popular RPG.
The Xbox 360 has 30 days of platform exclusivity with Dawnguard, before it is released on PC and PlayStation 3.
Further, Bethesda has announced the availability of Skyrim patch 1.6 on Xbox 360, which brings mounted combat to the game.
A number of bug fixes are contained within the patch as well, listed below. A PS3 patch is forthcoming.
• General stability and memory optimizations.
• General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes.
• Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks.
• Fixed rare crash with lighting.
• Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games.
• Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs.
• Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted.
• Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.
• Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon.
• Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.
• Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up.
• Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly.
• Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly.
• In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory.
• Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime.
• Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly.
• Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly.
• Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater.
• Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
• Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
• Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).