Gameplanet is giving one lucky fan an all-expenses-paid trip to Los Angeles to attend Activision's Call of Duty Experience event!
This awesome prize includes:
- Return flights to Los Angeles
departing 1st September, returning 6th September
- One ticket to Call of Duty XP
- Three nights accommodation in Los Angeles
At Call of Duty XP, fans will be the first to witness the world premiere of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, and get hands-on time with multiplayer and the new Spec Ops survival co-op mode. Fans will also have the opportunity to challenge each other in a paintball firefight on a life-sized COD map, run "The Pit" IRL and explore the COD armoury.
MODERN WARFARE 3 PRE-ORDER REQUIRED
We want to make sure a real Call of Duty fan wins this awesome prize, so to be eligible to enter you must have pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 from any New Zealand retailer.
Once you have pre-ordered the game, all you need to do is click the button below to go to Gameplanet's Facebook page, fill out the entry form and you'll be in the draw to win.
Additional requirements: Entrants must be age 18 or over, have a current and valid passport, meet USA visa/entry requirements and be willing to travel on the specified dates (departing NZ on 1st September, departing LA on 4th September, arriving back in NZ on 6th September). Winner may choose to depart from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch. Read the full terms and conditions below
About the Call of Duty XP event
Call of Duty gamers, prepare to engage: Activision takes the franchise’s landmark intensity to new heights with Call of Duty XP 2011, the first-ever celebration for the Call of Duty community.
Total Call of Duty immersion is coming to a secure 12-acre compound in the urban confines of Los Angeles on Labor Day weekend, where more than 6,000 fans will be the first to witness the world premiere of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer. Attendees will be among the first to have the opportunity to get hands-on time with multiplayer and the new Spec Ops survival co-op mode. Also on display for the first time will be the full feature functionality of Call of Duty Elite, the innovative new online service, built from the ground-up to support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Supporting this epic reveal is a series of real-world Call of Duty action-experiences and gaming competitions as well as an unprecedented $1 million Call of Duty tournament by Activision and the event’s lead sponsor, Xbox 360. Through Activision’s network of global partners, fans will have the opportunity to qualify for the tournament prior to the event by showcasing their skills in Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer through regional promotions and competitions. For those unable to qualify in advance, there will be select, on-site/at-large qualifications, further expanding the opportunity to compete for cash prizes among some of the best Call of Duty players in the world.
For anyone that can’t be on hand, but still wants to keep an eye on the action, fans from around the world can link up for a connected experience by watching a constant stream of high-production value videos that will be available through television and the web, as well as a constant stream of photos and status updates from the event via social media outlets, including Facebook and Twitter.
Tickets for Call of Duty XP will be available for USD $150. Activision will donate 100% of the ticket sales to The Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit, public benefit corporation that seeks to help veterans transition to civilian life, find work and establish careers, and assist other organizations that provide career training and job placement for veterans.
Tickets will go on sale July 19, giving attendees a two-day pass and the chance to be completely immersed in the action and excitement of Call of Duty. Players will be able to challenge each other in a paintball firefight on a life-sized Call of Duty multiplayer map, as well as attempt to speed-run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s legendary “The Pit”—for real. Other Call of Duty XP activities include:
- Tournaments and prizes for the hardcore and casual fan alike
- Discussion panels and Q&A with Call of Duty developers
- Onsite Call of Duty armoury and museum
- AAA live entertainment
- More attractions to be announced
Call of Duty XP precedes the year’s most anticipated entertainment launch on November 8th when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 strikes worldwide, as well as the launch of the innovative new online service, Call of Duty Elite, uniting Call of Duty’s 30 million fans to create a connected entertainment community via dedicated social networking, original entertainment programming, events, competitions and more.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Entries close midday 15th August 2011.
- You must have pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 from a New Zealand retailer and have proof of purchase to enter the competition.
- Prize consists of: Return flights to Los Angeles for one person; One ticket to Call of Duty XP; Three nights accommodation in Los Angeles; Ground transport in Los Angeles between airport and hotel, and between hotel and venue.
- Winner may choose to depart from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch. Transport to/from the New Zealand airport will be the winner's responsibility.
- You must have a current and valid passport, meet USA visa/entry requirements and be willing to travel on the specified dates (departing NZ 1st September, departing LA 4th September, returning NZ 6th September).
- You must be a New Zealand resident to enter the competition.
- You must be age 18 or over to enter the competition.
- You must "Like" Gameplanet's Facebook page to enter the competition.
- One entry per pre-order. You may not use multiple email addresses or other unfair means to gain advantage.
- Entrants may be disqualified from the competition at Gameplanet's sole discretion.
- If prize is not claimed within 2 days it may be redrawn.
- Employees of Gameplanet (NZ) Ltd or their suppliers are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.