Black Future ’88 is a new Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter from independent developer SuperScarySnakes’ coming to Windows PC later this year. Black Future ‘88’s neon-lit retro-future style paints a dark alternate history of a world reeling from a nuclear cataclysm created by Duncan, the tower architect. The first of his bombs fell in 1988, blacking out the sun with perpetual rain and it’s been 1988 ever since. Now the only time that matters is measured in minutes left to live. As one of the last remaining survivors, fight your way to the top of the tower to kill Duncan before your heart explodes. Climb an evolving procedural tower through a merciless onslaught of fire, lasers and steel. Shoot, slash and dash to overcome deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal boss-grade Wardens. Choose one of five playable characters, each with their own unique powers, then upgrade your renegade with a selection of dozens of brutal weapons and special buffs/curses to survive. Test your wits and reflexes alone or with a friend in two-player couch co-op, and measure your mettle against other players by tackling daily challenges with unique attributes to climb a global leaderboard. Black Future ‘88’s anarchic ascent for revenge is scored with a killer analog-synth original soundtrack from post-punk new-wave band Tremor Low.
Black Future '88 announcement trailer
- Fortnite is the biggest F2P console release ever
- Nintendo will have a much younger president in June
- 3 Battle royale title H1Z1 is coming to PS4 next month
- 8 Nintendo Switch hacked, exploit is unpatchable
- 1 39 Days to Mars floats along on optimism and whimsy
- 1 Battle royale game Darwin Project goes F2P just six weeks after launch
- Team Yeah Nah inks its ticket to Splatoon 2 World Champs
- 25 Quantic Dream sues media over toxic workplace stories
- 3 Australian High Court orders Valve to pay AU$3m over misleading refund policy
- 1 Universal is working on a new Doom film
- Housemarque teases "high flying and heavy hitting" multiplayer title Stormdivers
- Aussie adventure Moonquest hits Early Access soon
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
That was quick.
- 42 Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- 317 RUMOUR: Red Dead Redemption 2 for Q3 2017, E3 2016 announcement
- 4955 What are you currently playing? (screenshots)
- 1093 Dark Souls for PC
- 5951 Gaming General Discussion Thread
- 50 Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt RED says it won't ship incomplete (or something)
- 1986 Battlegrounds
- 53 Are we maybe seeing a brighter future for XBox due to them looking to their past?
- 26 Halo
- 74 Sea of Thieves