Black Future ’88 is a new Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter from independent developer SuperScarySnakes’ coming to Windows PC later this year. Black Future ‘88’s neon-lit retro-future style paints a dark alternate history of a world reeling from a nuclear cataclysm created by Duncan, the tower architect. The first of his bombs fell in 1988, blacking out the sun with perpetual rain and it’s been 1988 ever since. Now the only time that matters is measured in minutes left to live. As one of the last remaining survivors, fight your way to the top of the tower to kill Duncan before your heart explodes. Climb an evolving procedural tower through a merciless onslaught of fire, lasers and steel. Shoot, slash and dash to overcome deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal boss-grade Wardens. Choose one of five playable characters, each with their own unique powers, then upgrade your renegade with a selection of dozens of brutal weapons and special buffs/curses to survive. Test your wits and reflexes alone or with a friend in two-player couch co-op, and measure your mettle against other players by tackling daily challenges with unique attributes to climb a global leaderboard. Black Future ‘88’s anarchic ascent for revenge is scored with a killer analog-synth original soundtrack from post-punk new-wave band Tremor Low.
Black Future '88 announcement trailer
- Lucasfilm has something KOTOR related in development
- 8 Microsoft unveil Xbox One S All-Digital Edition
- Sphero Specdrums let you make music with colour
- 20 Sony reveals first details for the PlayStation 5
- Respawn co-founder Jason West joins Epic Games
- 1 A Tomb Raider movie sequel just got greenlit
- Jedi: Fallen Order unveiled with November release date
- 1 Focus Home Interactive partners with Sumo Digital
- IO reveals 2019 Hitman 2 content roadmap
- Destiny 2 embraces 'The Revelry' LTE next week
- PSN name changes are here but Sony advises caution
- 6 A Millionaire wants to make a real life Battle Royale event
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
SSDs, Backwards Compatibility, PSVR Support & more
No multiplayer, no microtransactions
CoD meets Fortnite
A Movie? A Game? ...an appropriately-toned Christmas Special?
- 218 The Division 2 - MMO-lite shooter
- 487 Apex Legends
- 22 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- 6780 Gaming General Discussion Thread
- 9885 Good deal thread
- 82 What is your platform?
- 56 EA wants to bring C&C back on PC
- 239 The Sekiro Accessibility Debate
- 58 Borderlands - Mask of Mayhem
- 2207 Red Dead Redemption 2