Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared. From Warner Bros. Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, Tomb Raider is the story that will set a young and resolute Lara Croft on a path toward becoming a global hero. The film stars Oscar winner Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina, The Danish Girl) in the lead role, under the direction of Roar Uthaug (The Wave), with Oscar-winner Graham King (The Departed) producing under his GK Films banner. The film¹s production begins on the heels of the 20th anniversary of the wildly popular videogame franchise from Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal. Tomb Raider also stars Dominic West (Money Monster, 300), Walton Goggins (The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained) and Daniel Wu (AMC¹s Into the Badlands). --
Tomb Raider film trailer
- 2 Kiwi space sim Stationeers launches into Early Access
- 25 Loot boxes are not gambling, says NZ government
- 14 Xbox One X review
- 1 RocketWerkz teases Living Dark, a neo-noir adventure
- The Game Awards: All the news
- 4 The Game Awards: All the winners
- 1 PS4 sales cross 70 million, PS VR hits two million
- Dunedin studio announces meditative butterfly title
- Dying Light is getting a battle royale mode via standalone expansion Bad Blood
- 1 Shadow of the Tomb Raider slyly announced
- 4 The Crew 2 and Far Cry 5 delayed
- 5 Here's a detailed look at PUBG's new map
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
Floats to Google Daydream on December 12.