Last week's speculation that Lionhead Studio's third Fable game would appear on PCs has been confirmed. Fable III will be released on Xbox 360 and PC simultaneously this holiday season.
Given that the Xbox 360 version contains elements that are capable of using Xbox's upcoming Natal motion controller, the confirmation raises as many questions as it answers.
The PC version will be available exclusively on Games for Windows Live.
The news is shared with the announcement of an Xbox 360 Collector's Edition. It includes:
- A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
- Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
- Fable III playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in Fable III, including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
- Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
- A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
- One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your Fable III adventures.