Rumour has it LucasArts will be announcing a new distributor for Australia and New Zealand in the next couple of days. It has been hard to obtain LucasArts games in New Zealand ever since Lincoln Playcorp went into receivership earlier this year. Gameplanet understands the Australasian Lucas distribution agreement expired about the same time as Lincoln Playcorp NZ went under. The good news for gamers is that a new distributor will be well established by the time Escape From Monkey Island 4 hits NZ shores. An official announcement should be forthcoming shortly.
New LucasArts Distributor TBA
- 1 Introspect is a Kiwi-made love letter to big boss battles
- 1 Story overhaul delays unsettling survival game We Happy Few
- 24 The 59 biggest games of 2018
- 17 Nintendo announces Labo, a series of DIY toys and peripherals
- 3 Big Ant Studios' AO Tennis is out now on PS4 and Xbox One
- 3 Australian games generated AU$118.5m last year
- Playground Games is indeed working on Fable – sources
- 3 Chinese police have arrested 120 PUBG cheat creators
- Scribblenauts Showdown brings party multiplayer to sketchy series
- Sega announces Theme Hospital spiritual successor Two Point Hospital
- Mindfreak wins Rainbow Six invitational, is off to Canada
- 2 Horizon Zero Dawn leads 2018 DICE Awards nominees
Don't miss a thing - get the day's top gaming stories blasted into your brain every evening.
A losing battle?