KIM DOTCOM will battle 100 people in 100 games of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 at DIGITAL NATIONZ, NZ's first Digital Entertainment Expo, on Sunday 29th of September.
You could be one of those people! Gameplanet is giving away three places in the battle against Dotcom, plus five VIP passes to the expo.
To be in to win, correctly answer the following question and you'll automatically be added to the draw:
Entry into this competition has closed.
As well as taking on lucky Kiwi gamers, Mega founder Kim Dotcom – who is the former number 1 ranked player of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – will take on 25 NZ celebrities and international speakers at the event, which will be held at Auckland’s Vector Arena on the last weekend of September.
Those lined up so far to take on the champ include TV3’s David Farrier; George FM’s Nick D; Shortland Street actor Pua Magasiva; TVNZ U producer and face of current Telecom campaign "Tech in a Sec" Matt Gibb; Benson Russell, Senior Designer at Naughty Dog; Jay Hosfelt, lead animator at Epic Games; and Michael Read, a producer at game developer Crytek, with more to come.
For each celebrity Kim Dotcom defeats, he will donate $100 to charity, and he’s eager to get started: “This is something completely new for me that I haven’t done before. I can’t wait to see the calibre of MW3 players New Zealand has to offer, then play them and hopefully beat them. But either way, expect a great show and a lot of fun at Digital Nationz“, says Dotcom.
Beat Dotcom and win big
The first eight people who beat Kim Dotcom on the day will each win all these prizes: an LG 5.1ch 3D Blu-ray Home Theater system, $500 in cash, and two tickets to the show of their choice at Vector Arena. Total value: nearly $2000!
Kim Dotcom will then pick one of those winners to go on to win the ultimate prize pack: an Xbox One console, an LG 55" Full HD Smart 3D LED LCD TV, an LG 5.1ch 3D Blu-ray Home Theater system, $1000 in cash, and four tickets to the show of their choice at Vector Arena. Total value: over $6600!
The cash prizes will be paid out of Kim Dotcom's own pocket.
About Digital Nationz
Digital Nationz – New Zealand's first digital entertainment expo – is an interaction-centric event which gives the public unique first-access opportunities to get hands-on with cutting-edge consumer technologies.
Attendees will literally be able to see and participate in video gaming history as the Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PlayStation 4 next gen gaming consoles are publicly revealed for the first time on our shores. Other key event features include: Thought-provoking international speakers, Q&A panels, 3D printing workshops, History Of Video Gaming Museum, Digital Artz (a new annual game art competition), an exclusive Bot Warz championship and more.
Digital Nationz is being held on 28th-29th September 2013 (first weekend of school holidays) at Vector Arena, Auckland. Opening hours for general public are 10am-6pm Saturday, and 10am-5pm Sunday. VIP ticket holders receive one hour early access. Go to digitalnationz.com
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Entries close midday Wednesday, 25th September 2013.
- Prize details: Three (3) entrants will win a chance to battle Kim Dotcom and a weekend pass to Digital Nationz. A further five (5) entrants will win a VIP weekend pass to Digital Nationz.
- You must be a New Zealand resident to enter the competition.
- You may not use multiple email addresses or other unfair means to gain advantage.
- You must be age 18 or over to enter the competition.
- Entrants may be disqualified from the competition at Gameplanet's sole discretion.
- Prizes not claimed after 2 days may be forfeited.
- Employees of Gameplanet (NZ) Ltd or their suppliers are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants will be subscribed to the Gameplanet email newsletter. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.